Free League ideas
Don’t overlook our Free League section. This gives you an opportunity to play with some of your friends. They could set a league up also and you could potentially be in 2 or more leagues together with your own custom formats.
Invite your friends and try these ideas:
- Have one league set up where you only choose one golfer. Make it eliminator style so you can’t pick that golfer again.
- Your free league could be like filling out an upset bracket in March(of which I vehemently oppose for bball, but hey….someone may think you know what you’re talking about when that 950 guy gets a hot round)
- Play for discs. We recommend you know the people you invite to your free league if you’re doing this.
- Set up a league where you only can pick <1000 rated players, or golfers you’ve met personally, or perhaps 1-8 athletes at the event. Use the salary cap to make it fun and challenging.
- Get together, drink beer and have a draft. When you set player limits for tournaments, select pick 6 and score 3 so it evens out for all events. Trade golfers with your buddies.
As a reminder, $30 for a premium league is about the price of two discs. You’re options, customization, and tournament selection could make this a lot of fun and worth it. Play with your friends or make it public. As the commish, you have the power.